Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Salt water and Hepa filters.

This thanksgiving was a lot different than last year. My parents are homeless - meaning that they have been living in a trailer at a campground since April. It's very weird driving up to a camp office where if it is pass a certain hour there is no one to let me in.
It turned out that there was no room for me to stay at the trailer because my sister has infiltrated the homestead again until she pays back her student loans. This sent me to my grandparents house where bread is amply buttered and the 6 o'clock news is as exciting as the anticipated 2nd coming of Christ.
I was there for three days of discussion around broken pelvis's, hip replacements, and current knitting patterns.
This may be one of the first years where I sat quietly and reflected on the fact that I have no reason to complain. Everyone around me loves me with more love than I deserve.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love you.

Phaythe