Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The King.

I started reading a book the other day called "Velvet Elvis" by Rob Bell. I haven't made it much past the first 40 pages have been the epilogue before I put it down to actually think about what he was saying. His writing is rather non cohesive so if you wander off in your own mind you may even have to re read what is in front of you.
What forced me to think upon was the whole idea of people continuing to be so "up in arms" about the fact that Christianity is changing and may possibly mean something different to someone else. I think it is great that people come alive in different ways. It represents all of mankinds obvious diversity.
I have never quite understood why there are so many misunderstandings of the Christian faith between other believers. This book has definitely made me think before I open up my mouth.

No comments: